- Sacred Spaces Civic Places Event - with CICADA and St. James School
- Come visit us!
- Early Learning Gets Physical
- Architects Action Day 2017
- Shaping the Visitor Experience
- CICADA's Geoff Klein Receives Architectural License!
- Collaborative Firm Volunteer for Mixed-Use Building
- Celebrating 10th PARK(ing) Day Philadelphia
- We're Hiring!
- Kebony's Top 100 Architecture Firm Blogs
- Community Revitalization: How to Bring a Community Back from the Brink, In the Age of Gentrification
- Project HOME's Hub of Hope Doors Open January 2018
- Phase I of Rivera Recreation and Mann Older Adult Center Breaks Ground
- Mary Holland, AIA recently attended the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Summit in Washington, D.C. Here’s her takeaway
- Benchmark School INNOVATION SPACE Groundbreaking
- Dox Thrash House
- We're Hiring!
- Work at PHA's Mann Rivera - Phase 1 Under Way!
- Leverage 2018 Sponsorship and Gala!
- CICADA Designer Dana Rice on RePoint Philadelphia and Preservation in Design and Development
- Offering Hope to the Homeless with Hub of Hope
- PHA's North Central Phase II Site Visit!
- Mary Holland at SCUP in Nashville TN
- CICADA and DesignPhila Open Studio Crawl!
- CICADA at the 22nd Annual Bowling Ball!
- Ribbon Cutting at Vernon Road Shopping District
- PHA's North Central II is Looking Good!
- Benchmark School's Innovation Space Ribbon Cutting!
- Celebrating the Challenge of Difficult Spaces
- NGBS Task Force
- Revitalizing North Central Philadelphia
- Philadelphia University Advancement Council
- Abandoned Woolworth + Leap of Faith = School for City Kids
- How You Make an Impact
- PennDesign Women in Architecture
- Passive House Designers
- Accessibility in Older Buildings
- Quality Child Care Space
- Analyzing Wall Assemblies
- Buildings As Radiators
Phase I of Rivera Recreation and Mann Older Adult Center Breaks Ground
CICADA Architecture/Planning, Inc. lead the multi-consultant team on the City of Philadelphia’s Department of Public Property phased Building and Site Improvements to Rivera Recreation Center and Mann Old Adult Center.
This project includes an assessment of existing building/systems conditions; programming/phasing; expansion/reorganization of the Older Adult Center and the Rec Center involving substantial renovation of the interior. Basic building repairs and deferred maintenance include: new replacement windows, new roofing, upgrades to the building’s HVAC, electrical, life safety systems. Improvements to building-wide accessibility including handicapped accessibility to the 2nd floor renovated handicapped accessible toilet rooms. Improvements include relocation of a playground and after-school program to allow the Older Adult Center access to a semi-enclosed outdoor activity area. Reconfiguration of and refurbishing of the baseball, soccer and football fields and basketball courts.
We are very excited to see this project get underway. Another project committed to the process of community-based planning and architecture.
Read the press release on this project, click here.